|Drafting/window reference: Measurement sheet and notebook|
|I have sewn only the front muslin and the photos above shown it pinned the shoulders seams on my dress. I’m not worried about the back dress pattern as I will just lengthen my block as in.|
- There was excess on the shoulder. Probably when I manipulated the dart A the fullness wasn’t transferred completely. I had two options; look back at the dart manipulation and make sure the I moved the same amount of cm (in) or drape/eliminate the dart in my body, which I did the later. I need to the ensure I add back the difference on shoulder seam to compensate dragging inwards.
- There was excess on dart B at two points, near the armhole and at the waist. I pinched both.
Bust dart A manipulation worked well but need a few adjustments.
Bust dart B is not working at all.
What’s next: I will try to re-draft again considering the initial muslin results and keep you all posted.
Ps: Thanks Maddie for the encouragement and the wise words:”Keep at it girl. Many time I go through 2 or 3 muslins before I get the right fit.”
Thanks to Claire to as she kindly offered to digitise this for us.
lots of love,