Pattern: Deer & Doe Datura Blouse. Version B without peter pan collar.
Fabric: Very drapy and soft poly from Kerry.
Size and Alteration: Size 38.
Used pink satin bias finishing and french seams. I also ignored the buttons in the back.
I made some modifications to make it smaller and perhaps I shouldn’t as this fake silk would look better with more fabric to drape. Lesson learn!!! Sometimes worth to change the fabric before trying to re draft a loose shape to fitted. Fabric choices do make a difference.
Time to complete: Few hours of insomnia= quick top. I haven’t really sewn this whole month. I’m just not inspired. In fact, when my sewing machine isn’t being used the oven get overtime. I just find baking a great way to be creative when sewjo isn’t there. Anyone finds the same?
Conclusion: Not much to add on a pattern recently reviewed. As I said before I wasn’t sure about the shape when I first sewn, however it’s so easy to wear with a tailored blazer and skinny jeans, that I can see the datura becoming an uniform. I love how easy it’s to layer it up. I need more of those tops so this pattern will be making a lot of appearances here. Biggest challenge was the fabric, it frayed and was so slippery to sew.I used walking foot to help guide it and worked very well. As it’s poly and unknown content to me, I was afraid of burning with the iron, and used organza to press although I wish those darts were pressed better. The machine started to skip stitches when I was sewing the neckline (booooo). I was afraid to unpick because the fabric is so fragile, luckily it’s just inside so no one can see… well, you can! Our little secret!