After packing my sewing stuff away for a whole month to host my family during the holidays, I finally got my sewing room back on sunday. I love having my family around, hosting them the best I can, making delicious food and chatting/laughing till late. Family time is so precious to me I barely had time to stay online or to indulge in any craft.
Of course, I am now very excited to be back and start making things again.
To think I managed to make 40 garments for myself, excluding gifts and patchwork projects is crazy!
Appeared as a contributor for Crafty magazine twice. Had a few articles about me in Sew and Sewing World.
Designed and launched a free pattern: Brasilia Dress
Hosted my first sew along with Marie.
Hanged out with my sewing friends, meet wonderful people and generally had an amazing time with other creatives.
Managed to achieve my MMM13 goal, join sew alongs and challenges throughout the year.
Helped Minerva Craft to launch their Blogging Network.
Wrote a few tutorials for beginners: pencil case/ bunting.
This year I want to: SLOW DOWN!
- Improve my tailoring and couture techniques, which mean sewing less quantity and more complex projects.
- Sew less and expand my other handmade skills: Knitting, crocheting and embroidering.
- Draft more patterns for me. I really don’t want to became a professional pattern designer but If draft a great pattern again, I am willing to make it available for everyone.
- Continue to teach, maybe get some private students. I am going to teach at FQ retreat in July.
- After buying my own domain last year, hopefully my own dot.com will be ready first quarter of this year.
- Seems to me that your favourite posts were my insights on the sewing world so I hope to continue to share my interesting debates related to sewing.
I absolute love blogging, and it is almost an addition but is important that I learn to take it easy and enjoy some down time. This year hopefully I will learn to just do nothing with my free time and take longer breaks.