To get everyone in meet up mood for our sewing meet up #NYlon2014, i’m hosting a handmade name tag swap. The idea came from taking part of 2013 Fat Quarterly retreat where everyone had the most beautiful handmade name tags.
Go one, I know you want to make one!
Enrolment for the swap starts today and will close April 6th GMT Midnight.
Here are the housekeeping rules:
1. Anyone can join this swap, you don’t need to be joining the meet up in May or have a blog to join. You will have to make a personalised name tag: Name/ Blog name (if they have)
2. On your comment, make sure you add:
- Your first name
- Blog name (if you have one)
- Website or blog address so your buddy learn more about you.
- Email or a way to contact you
- Let me know if you are attending the meet up or just want to join the swap.
3. You will receive details of your swap buddy by April 9, 2014. That will give you 4 weeks to make and post your name tags.
You can sew, cross stitch, quilt, embroidery, etc.
The idea is to have fun. There is no size, style restriction. Go oversize like myself, or go practical making pockets.. Let your imagination go wild.
Need inspiration? Just search Fat Quarterly London Retreat ‘name tags’. Checked a few I have pinned.