You probably already heard of Sew Independent, a directory for smaller sewing pattern designers. They host the Sewing Indie Month; a month-long celebration with designers collaboration. September will be full of tutorials and inspirational posts. To support this event some of us have been asked to promote the 1st pattern bundle sale, which offers a wide range of wardrobe choices.
- Bonnell Dress by Dixie DIY
- Cookie Blouson by Waffle Patterns
- Cressida Skirt by Jennifer Lauren Vintage Patterns
- Melissa Dress, Blouse & Skirt by Muse Patterns
- Mississippi Ave Dress & Top by Sew House Seven
- the NEW Saltbox Top by Blueprints for Sewing
- the NEW Sorrel Dress & Top by Seamster Sewing Patterns
- Sugar Plum Dress by Lolita Patterns
- Sutton Blouse by True Bias
- Ultimate Trousers by Sew Over It
This sale will finish tomorrow, August 12th. Even if you don’t love every pattern; this is a good opportunity to try that pattern you had an eye for while. To be a small independent pattern designer is brave as the market is so competitive. It is important for me to help designers that come together in support of each other. I admire they are donating part of their profits from this bundle sale to International Folk Art Alliance, which support folk artists.
How much should you pay? Well, that is completely up to you.
- If you pay $25 or more you will get the Sutton Blouse, Cressida Skirt, Sugar Plum Dress, Mississippi Ave Dress & Top, and the Ultimate Trousers.
- Pay $32 or more to get the Cookie Blouson and Bonnell Dress.
- Pay $38 or more to get the Melissa Dress, Blouse & Skirt, the NEW Saltbox Top, and the NEW Sorrel Dress & Top.
- If you are one of the 10 people who spent the most a printed copy shop versions of the patterns will be mailed to you.
So many of these patterns were already in my personal library. I have blogged about:
I haven’t finished my bonnel dress as life it’s crazy. In the meanwhile why not be nosy on what the others participants been sewing. Almond Rock, CarmencitaB, Casa Crafty, Girls in the Garden, Grey’s Fabric & Notions, Handmade by Carolyn, How Good is That?, Idle Fancy, Lucky Lucille, Miss Crayola Creepy, Pretty Girls Sew, Scruffy Badger Time, Sew Busy Lizzy, Sew Sweetness, Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing, Thread Theory and Workroom Social
Have you made any of this patterns? which one you are you most excited to try?