SewPhotoHop is a daily photo challenge which participants are encouraged to post daily pictures from a pre-defined ‘sewing/knitting’ theme list.
For the month of December I will be running a special sewphotohop advent calendar. Every day a sponsor will reveal a special prize to be won. Each sponsor will pick their favourite picture and all the winners will be revealed December 15. That way if you missed a couple of days you can still catch up for a chance of winning. Fun, right?You can play everyday or when you feel like it. No selfie required! You can start at any point.The goal is to have fun; meet others and share our passion for all things creative. Don’t be shy and say “hello” to other participants.
You can keep up with the photos here.
Now a bit about our fabulous sponsors:
- Offset Warehouse: Offset Warehouse carry a huge range of hand-picked eco fabrics and haberdashery, ideal for all textile projects, and at affordable prices.
- GirlCharleeUK:Girl Charlee Fabrics UK has an incredible selection of the most unique knit fabrics.
- Up Craft Club:UpCraft Club is the first modern sewing association for people who especially love using digital patterns. Members receive great benefits.
- Sew Wardrobe: Sew Wardrobe is a range of contemporary dressmaking patterns from Alison Smith.
- Minerva Crafts: is a family run business aiming to bring you a craft website like no other with fast and affordable delivery.
- The Foldline: is a social network with an online community forum to chat and share tips plus a comprehensive patterns database.
- Fabric Godmother:Beautiful designer fabrics at affordable prices.
- Sew Over London: Coolest sewing Cafe in London with great selection of fabrics and patterns. Offer great dressmaking classes.
- Village Haberdashery: Quilters paradise ( and great dressmaking fabrics ). They are running Crowdcube crowd funding campaign. Have you thought about owning shares in a fabric shop? #wearetvh
- Wool and the Gang:Wool and the Gang was born — pioneering fashion production that’s made in a sustainable way, bringing back knitting as a viable means of production for generations to come. I cannot have enough of Crazy sexy wool. I knitted a scarf on an evening and I’m the slowest ever. Fabulous.
- Style Maker Fabrics: Fabric retailer that specializes in on-trend fashion fabrics at affordable prices.
- Ditto Fabrics: Dïtto fabrics is a treasure trove of fabulous fabric nestled in the bustling and thriving district of the North Laines at the heart of Brighton.
- Workroom Social: A Brooklyn-based studio that teaches hobby sewers methods that make clothing construction easy and produce beautiful results that look store-bought, not homemade.
*Housekeeping: congratulations Ann Watts for winning Chinelo’s book. Can you email me your details Please.